Rejected Survival Jurney | Medium (Long)

Status
Not open for further replies.
-Username: FilipZb

-Map name: Survival Journey

2020-09-29_15.46.09.png 2020-09-29_15.46.18.png 2020-09-29_15.46.27.png 2020-09-29_15.46.54.png
-Map ID: 109;31
I hope this is what was ment by the #

-Difficulty: Medium (88 jumps)

Hope you like it :D

alexbuffet

ELITE
alexbuffet
alexbuffet
ELITE
Ratings
Hey great to see you submit a map, I will be giving this map a -1 for the following reasons and how to improve

First of all the submission itself was all correct except for the Map ID / Warp name, just for future notice, the map ID is just a way to warp to your plot so use ./plot v (username) (plot number), secondly the pictures are fantastic but maybe had a few more.

The Map:
The map idea itself is somewhat original but there have still been many maps based on a survival theme or elements of survival Minecraft. The build while it was okay we strongly discourage floating parkour nowadays and prefer a central build that has parkour around it. What I would suggest to fix the map up is to make a few larger islands representing each realm in Minecraft, such as the overworld, nether, and end respectively.

The Parkour:
The parkour itself is lackluster and very uninspired, there isn't much variety here, and consists of only a few types of jumps such as just floating blocks, heads, or fences and one slime jump. I would suggest adding some other jumps such as vines, minecarts, water, ladders, etc.
The Difficulty:
The difficulty is that of an easy map with the length of a hard map, I would suggest either increasing the difficulty and keeping the length of making it shorter and the same diff. Please refer to the Map Guidelines at the top of the page for info on map lengths to their difficulties.

All in all a map that needs a lot of work but keep on trying and don't give up :)

PyroTortilla

Forum Master
MVP+
PyroTortilla
PyroTortilla
MVP+
Ratings
387 10
Hello,

Unfortunately your map submission is being REJECTED. Here is my input:

Theme: The theme isn't great, as there are a lot of Minecraft-themed maps. Try to think of an original theme (you can check the Parkour List to make sure yours is unique) and also think of a theme that will allow you to create a central build.
Build: The build wasn't great, consisting of a bunch of floating blocks and small floating islands. Like I said in the Theme category try to make your build one main build with parkour being built into/around it.
Parkour: The parkour was very confusing to me - I'm not quite sure how I was supposed to get from the first cave/tree island to the next area (https://prnt.sc/urjt1v). Like Ana said above me, the parkour was too easy for a medium map. I also only counted 54 proper parkour jumps, so it was the proper length (unless I somehow missed a complete chunk of your map). Like I said with your build, having a main theme will reduce the amount of floating parkour which will also make your map look far less messy.

I hope to see more submissions from you in the future, and have a great day!

Status
Not open for further replies.