Rejected The CupHEADs - Medium

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
  • Username : xBetaMan
    Helper: Axetk
    Tester: xLill
  • Map name : The CupHEADs (Read explanation below)
  • Number of jumps : 60
    Checkpoint : 3
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it : /plot home xBetaMan 1
  • Difficulty (Easy, Medium, Hard, Expert, Insane) : Medium
  • Photos of your Parkour :
Hello people of Manacube! Yes... so I understand there's a map built by Shinx also called 'Cuphead' on the last page of 'Hard' Difficulty. My point is, my map is based of the new DLC Pack releasing next year aka 'The Delicious Course' and it's a really cool DLC Pack so I wanted to make a parkour out of it. My conclusion is.. my map doesn't have the same name nor the same builds as Shinx's 'Cuphead' map. My map is literally only the 'heads' of the 3 characters in the upcoming DLC Pack; Cuphead himself, Mughead and simply Ms. Chalice. That's why I named my map 'The CupHEADs'. It's literally only the HEADS of the characters and parkouring on the heads. Please understand I am not trying to copy Shinx and I legitly got the inspiration from the game itself. I only found out that Shinx had already made a Cuphead map thanks to Axetk (ty for telling), but our maps aren't EXACTLY the same so please don't attack me for it. I really do hope my map gets reviewed and accepted cause I love the game itself and I'm too broke to afford VIP+ and getting the Mapper rank is my only hope so please wish me luck :) Ty for reading <3

feinn

MVP+
acica
acica
MVP+
Ratings
23 1
Even it’s not exactly the same, it will be much less original. You should really think of some good ideas for mapper( vip btw)

Ratings
Even it’s not exactly the same, it will be much less original. You should really think of some good ideas for mapper( vip btw)
Everytime I do, the build is either 'been built' or people just hate it so I don't see any point anymore. I've built 3 maps; all of them were already 'ideas added' so I literally wanna die. I mean the map we are working on rn would be really cool, but the real question is... will it even get accepted?

Ratings
Besides... Shinx did mention that there's been more than enough 'Snow-related maps' yet people are still making snow maps and some of them get accepted as well. The originality would obviously be 'Snow-themed' but if other snow maps get accepted as well, I'm hoping for a chance ;-;

feinn

MVP+
acica
acica
MVP+
Ratings
23 1
Well try not to make same theme maps on purpose when u can have better ideas.

AlfieJay

Parkour Mod+ | Survival Mod
Moderator+
AlfieJay
AlfieJay
Mod+
Ratings
341 10
+0

I think the parkour in the map was quite well done and it was alright. However it's really unoriginal (even with your reasoning) and I'm pretty sure one part of it is impossible, just remember that the parkour has to be possible in 1.8.9 and with no added speed :p

Surge

Forum Expert
ELITE
The_Surge
The_Surge
ELITE
Ratings
244 8
+0 Parkour good, fix a jump that seems impossible maybe try to change the design, you don't have to redo the whole thing but just changing up the colours and side art could potentially give you a better chance. Best of luck :p

Ratings
+0

I think the parkour in the map was quite well done and it was alright. However it's really unoriginal (even with your reasoning) and I'm pretty sure one part of it is impossible, just remember that the parkour has to be possible in 1.8.9 and with no added speed :p
I'll have to search for the impossible jump :) thanks tho

Ratings
+0 Parkour good, fix a jump that seems impossible maybe try to change the design, you don't have to redo the whole thing but just changing up the colours and side art could potentially give you a better chance. Best of luck :p
Thanks! I will try find the jump and fix it <3 And do you have any ideas for how I should change up the colours?

Axe44732

MVP+
Axetk
Axetk
MVP+
Ratings
22 1
Theme
From what I know, there is currently one other cupheadmap. Even though this other map, your build is completely different to it and the theme is not all the map is judged upon. Also this build is also quite well built.

Parkour
The Parkour is quite fun, and if shortened, fits the medium. The jumps are reasonably varied and rather fun to play

Overall
The map is quite cool but you have found yourself in a pickle with choosing map themes. In saying that, this is quite a cool map and hope its accepted. +1

Last edited:

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
I'm not reviewing the map yet, but I need to explain some thing about the theme mistake that everybody do :
So first : A bad theme =/= instant rejection. Yeah it's harder to have an accepted map with a unoriginal/bad theme, but the theme don't do everything, you have the parkour and the build too !

Some maps got accepted even if the theme was bad because the parkour and the build was good. You need to remember that the theme don't do everything, I've seen a lot of people not making a map because I tell them that the theme was bad, but if you want to do it, then do it ! The build and the parkour is way more important than the theme, the thing is the theme and the build are connected, if we have a bad theme (Not a unoriginal theme here, a bad theme, like a Minecraft build), then the build will have some negative points too in most cases.

The best way to have an accepted map with a unoriginal theme is to do your best on the build and on the parkour (For example in my own maps, ParalysedTower have a unoriginal theme, but a really varied parkour for his time), some theme also can be unoriginal, but the build can be still very good and original, for example, a Pokemon map is not original, but just building a pokemon that have not been made make the map original ! (But please do not make too many pokemon maps lOl).

For your case, yes I have made a Cuphead, and yes this is gonna affect a bit the review, but only one is not gonna make the map rejected. Just try to make the build good and enough different from my map, and the parkour interesting, and everything is good ! If your old maps got rejected, it's not only because of the theme, there is probably some other negative points on the build or/and the parkour.

(Oh yeah and don't mind all my spelling mistakes, it's 1 am for me right now c': )

Ratings
I'm not reviewing the map yet, but I need to explain some thing about the theme mistake that everybody do :
So first : A bad theme =/= instant rejection. Yeah it's harder to have an accepted map with a unoriginal/bad theme, but the theme don't do everything, you have the parkour and the build too !

Some maps got accepted even if the theme was bad because the parkour and the build was good. You need to remember that the theme don't do everything, I've seen a lot of people not making a map because I tell them that the theme was bad, but if you want to do it, then do it ! The build and the parkour is way more important than the theme, the thing is the theme and the build are connected, if we have a bad theme (Not a unoriginal theme here, a bad theme, like a Minecraft build), then the build will have some negative points too in most cases.

The best way to have an accepted map with a unoriginal theme is to do your best on the build and on the parkour (For example in my own maps, ParalysedTower have a unoriginal theme, but a really varied parkour for his time), some theme also can be unoriginal, but the build can be still very good and original, for example, a Pokemon map is not original, but just building a pokemon that have not been made make the map original ! (But please do not make too many pokemon maps lOl).

For your case, yes I have made a Cuphead, and yes this is gonna affect a bit the review, but only one is not gonna make the map rejected. Just try to make the build good and enough different from my map, and the parkour interesting, and everything is good ! If your old maps got rejected, it's not only because of the theme, there is probably some other negative points on the build or/and the parkour.

(Oh yeah and don't mind all my spelling mistakes, it's 1 am for me right now c': )
Thanks Shinx! This really opened my eyes and I understand much more now. Many people criticised what I built but this explains everything in a better way. Straight to the point and you knew what you were saying <3 Thanks Shinx :) I'll make sure to include all these assets in my next builds :p thanks by the way

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi xBetaMan (Judging this time !)
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
No need to gave my opinion about the theme, it's above. The build could be better, because there is a lot of floating jumps, making your map messy. The parkour could be better, it's varied, but still feel a bit repetitive, and I don't really like the soul sand spam part. (Also this jumps is probably not possible : http://prntscr.com/l5z5up)

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.