Thoughts for 1.9

techkid6

Donator
Ratings
Hey there!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the 1.9 snapshots (I play a good number of them), and I'm quite curious as to what could be done on Skywars with the update.

The wings seem like a really cool thing to add, especially if it would be possible to set the durability to like 3. I think they add an extremely interesting combat mechanic that (especially on maps like Ascension or any of the island...y... maps) could bring a lot of new strategy into the game and less bowspam like we see now (in maps like palette)

The new combat mechanics (IE the cooldowns for swords) might be an obstacle, especially at first. I personally don't like them and think that maybe it could be a votable option (because lets face it, a plugin WILL be built to remove them), similar to OP chests.

With the End becoming such an interesting aspect of the update, would it be plausible to use some of those sort of mechanics in a Skywars map? Maybe even a Nether map as well?

I honestly don't have much depth here, so I'm mainly looking at ideas and a discussion, as it is probably better to prepare something cool now than later :)

- techkid6

Meeser

MVP+
JahsehBlockfroy
JahsehBlockfroy
MVP+
Ratings
Hey there!

I've been doing a lot of thinking about the 1.9 snapshots (I play a good number of them), and I'm quite curious as to what could be done on Skywars with the update.

The wings seem like a really cool thing to add, especially if it would be possible to set the durability to like 3. I think they add an extremely interesting combat mechanic that (especially on maps like Ascension or any of the island...y... maps) could bring a lot of new strategy into the game and less bowspam like we see now (in maps like palette)

The new combat mechanics (IE the cooldowns for swords) might be an obstacle, especially at first. I personally don't like them and think that maybe it could be a votable option (because lets face it, a plugin WILL be built to remove them), similar to OP chests.

With the End becoming such an interesting aspect of the update, would it be plausible to use some of those sort of mechanics in a Skywars map? Maybe even a Nether map as well?

I honestly don't have much depth here, so I'm mainly looking at ideas and a discussion, as it is probably better to prepare something cool now than later :)

- techkid6
I quite like the idea of implementing wings into Skywars, your suggestion of lowering their durability would also prevent the wings from being too overpowered. I also agree with the removal of sword cool downs, personally I'm not a fan of it, but others may be, so the voting system would be the best way to figure that out! I like your thinking :)

PS: For the sake of discussion; What do you think the rarity of the wings should be? Should they be exclusive to a certain chest type?

Last edited: