Toxicity is a problem...

Bearified.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
aqieh
aqieh
ELITE
Ratings
I do not agree with their actions and yes I know how you feel. Just like bears are my favourite animal and I call myself a bear. Same with a lot of my friends irl. When people ask if I’m a furry I just say know and explain the reason why I’m “Bear” Yes some people make fun of it still and continue to call me a furry but ignoring them is the best thing you can do. Most people want a reaction when making comments like that so don’t give them one. Soon enough they will leave you alone. And if this is happening in game please report them and they will be dealt with ❤️

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
It hasn't happened so much in game but more on the discord- and people have made really rude comments about people with disabilities which is really degrading to me bcuz I have a disability. Usually I screenshot it and send it to staff, but idk

Bearified.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
aqieh
aqieh
ELITE
Ratings
It is always best to be put in #reports if these comments are being made from someone on the server. Once seen, if necessary. There will be action taken in regards to that person. I’m sorry for this and hope it gets better. Please report anybody that is making harmful and hurtful comments directly towards you and or harassing you :)

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
Usually it's not just one person, it's a whole group of people, then everyone in the chat starts attacking me.

Bearified.

Dedicated Member
ELITE
aqieh
aqieh
ELITE
Ratings
Best thing to do is report it. If needed they will be muted and if it continues after that they can be banned from the discord server and quite possibly on the game server as well.

JavaElite

Dedicated Member
ELITE
JavaElite
JavaElite
ELITE
Ratings
I do my best to not engage, but I still find it really annoying how people attack me for liking to roleplay cats and other animals, they instantly assume I'm a furry. Last year at school I was drawing cats and one of the boys asked what I was drawing, I said cats... and everyone started calling me a furry. No, how I reacted wasn't good, but it really did hurt, and it still hurts... I know I really should let go of some of these things, but I just can't... I feel terrible because I hold onto all this anger and I wish it'd go away. But nothing can change the fact of how rude people are towards "furries" whether I am one or not.
Hey Cookie

I understand how these things can hurt, and as WarLord said it would be really helpful if you reported these incidents when they happen. Staff are only human and can't see everything, so in most cases we need to rely on players to be our proverbial eyes and ears in other servers. Harassment is not okay here and definitely not acceptable. If you are being harrassed by another player please report it to staff.

As for your irl situation, if you ever need someone to talk to, my dms are always open.

Java

warlord9120

Forum Expert
ELITE
Warlord9120
Warlord9120
ELITE
Ratings
485 23
I do not agree with their actions and yes I know how you feel. Just like bears are my favourite animal and I call myself a bear. Same with a lot of my friends irl. When people ask if I’m a furry I just say know and explain the reason why I’m “Bear” Yes some people make fun of it still and continue to call me a furry but ignoring them is the best thing you can do. Most people want a reaction when making comments like that so don’t give them one. Soon enough they will leave you alone. And if this is happening in game please report them and they will be dealt with ❤️
Are you a bear? o_O

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I agree entirely with the first paragraph. The second one however, not so much. I agree that people get toxic over leaderboards, but those people just don't see the line between being competitive and being rude.

One of the main reason people play games is to compete and race for a top position. Saying that players should relax because it's just a game would be the same a telling someone in the NFL to stop training off-season because its just a game. It doesn't make much sense. Being competitive and doing anything to get an edge is the entire point. Of course there is a boundary that some people don't see, but on a base level, leaderboards is one of the main reasons countless amounts of players are even on the server
Of course, I don't want people to stop going for the leaderboards, but I want people to see if someone isn't putting in as much effort or work, you can't just be rude to them because that's NOT okay. I understand that some might be frustrated, but just go up to the person and maybe have a civil conversation? Like explain yourself, and why you're frustrated. Like, say there was a spammer online... the staff might be frustrated, but they don't go ahead and start insulting the player and acting rude. They would go up to the player and kindly ask them to stop, if they refuse then they get punished. Same thing... person not very active? They get booted, but you have to talk to the person first, maybe they are dealing with in real life stuff. You truly don't know what other people are going through, and your words can truly hurt others.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I used to have the mindset that I shouldn’t have to report or helpop because “staff should be muting them anyway”. After being staff and having lots of experience with the community, I see that this was a bad way to play - staff can’t see everything and seriously, they appreciate the reports. It’s not annoying, it’s not taking up their time - they volunteered to do this and they want to. So please, don’t be afraid to report everything you see. If it’s not punishable, staff will let you know and then you’ll know for next time.

Okaylie

MVP
Okaylie
Okaylie
MVP
Ratings
I know this is going to get a bunch of backlash, but let me say what I have to say. I've been in this community since October of 2018, and yes I know that isn't as impressive as some people who've been around longer. However, I find the rude and toxic way some players act isn't acceptable. I understand that the staff do what they can, but I find that a lot of actions go unpunished. Some might say "oh just get over it, this is the internet grow a thicker skin," or to "just ignore it." The truth is, if I were to ignore all the people who were to bother me, I'd be blocking a majority of the people on the server. Maybe I can just ignore some things, but I know that other people aren't okay with how others are acting rude. Also, words DO matter! Some people might think what they're saying is just a joke and something they can talk about. But really, those "jokes" can be harmful towards others and make some people uncomfortable. If you're going to be making jokes that could offend people, move it to DMs or don't say it at all.

Also I believe some players have taken the leaderboard and winning the game far too seriously. This is just a game, there's no reason to act toxic towards other players just because they aren't working as hard as everyone else. I find this extremely appalling, you are essentially defining someone's worth off of a stupid video game and how much effort they put in. Really, the ones who are the winners at the end of the day are people who are accepting, kind, generous and helpful towards others. Being on the leaderboard means nothing, sure you get payouts and your name in that fancy "Hall of Fame" or whatever... but what's more valuable is helping others and making connections in the community. I personally am not here to win, but to strive and become a better person through helping others and making meaningful positive impacts on people's lives. Again, I want to reinforce the fact words to have a lasting impact on others. They can say they don't give a crap all they want, because deep down those words are making them hurt, they just don't want to admit it.
I can see the toxicity within the server and it is a huge problem within all online servers and games. Staff do their very best to give punishments when it is needed. Since the server is so big, some of it does go unnoticed. Thus makes it a team effort for players to report, and staff to assist. I totally understand your infuriation!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
And this is the part where I encourage people to go apply for helper because the more the merrier.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
I know this is going to get a bunch of backlash, but let me say what I have to say. I've been in this community since October of 2018, and yes I know that isn't as impressive as some people who've been around longer. However, I find the rude and toxic way some players act isn't acceptable. I understand that the staff do what they can, but I find that a lot of actions go unpunished. Some might say "oh just get over it, this is the internet grow a thicker skin," or to "just ignore it." The truth is, if I were to ignore all the people who were to bother me, I'd be blocking a majority of the people on the server. Maybe I can just ignore some things, but I know that other people aren't okay with how others are acting rude. Also, words DO matter! Some people might think what they're saying is just a joke and something they can talk about. But really, those "jokes" can be harmful towards others and make some people uncomfortable. If you're going to be making jokes that could offend people, move it to DMs or don't say it at all.

Also I believe some players have taken the leaderboard and winning the game far too seriously. This is just a game, there's no reason to act toxic towards other players just because they aren't working as hard as everyone else. I find this extremely appalling, you are essentially defining someone's worth off of a stupid video game and how much effort they put in. Really, the ones who are the winners at the end of the day are people who are accepting, kind, generous and helpful towards others. Being on the leaderboard means nothing, sure you get payouts and your name in that fancy "Hall of Fame" or whatever... but what's more valuable is helping others and making connections in the community. I personally am not here to win, but to strive and become a better person through helping others and making meaningful positive impacts on people's lives. Again, I want to reinforce the fact words to have a lasting impact on others. They can say they don't give a crap all they want, because deep down those words are making them hurt, they just don't want to admit it.
I %100 agree. An example of this was the other day, I was playing on the team Skyblock island and someone in my team called me the r word. I left that island and Stormy stood up for me.

Weed_Farm

MVP+
Weed_Farm
Weed_Farm
MVP+
Ratings
38 20
I think the best way to correct negative behavior is by handing out warns... but if they continue to act in a negative manner, then they get muted.
Yea no I disagree, you can’t just shut others out just Bc you don’t like what they post or say.

Weed_Farm

MVP+
Weed_Farm
Weed_Farm
MVP+
Ratings
38 20
I feel like you’re playing the victim here, it seems like you can’t handle words well. Yes it’s not okay for people to say those things, as staff said you can report the whole group if you want but staff are busy with other things and they can’t sit down and take your report all the time. If it comes to where they are literally telling you to die and other things then send screenshots and ping a staff member and tell them it’s very important. Staff are doing their best to help the community but they can’t help everyone at the same time.

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
It hasn't happened so much in game but more on the discord- and people have made really rude comments about people with disabilities which is really degrading to me bcuz I have a disability. Usually I screenshot it and send it to staff, but idk
we are in the same boat! I know exactly how you feel.

ocandicexx

ELITE
crookiexx
crookiexx
ELITE
Ratings
58 2
It really is super unfortunate that some people don’t have anything better to do with their time or game play but as was stated above honestly report EVERYTHING, if someone is being disrespectful to you or even another player screenshot and helpop it, staff is here to make the game play more enjoyable by helping with questions and punishing the people that are disrespectful and can’t follow the rules! Smh we definitely need to work together to keep the community positive!

Ratings
cat i have to say you've basically summed up my entire depression and anxiety disorders everybody say ignore it and get over it but if you bottle up all those feelings they will only get worse and worse until basically you can't bottle it up anymore, this is what happened to me i then saw out therapy and its getting better tho its still bad and i think i might develop ptsd after all this blows over the only people who understand it are the people who have gone through it not their family note their friends only the people who have experienced it first hand