Useless Facts

rosalinda316

Ratings
(Did you just grab the nearest vitamin container and stare at the ingredients/weights because you ran out of interesting facts?)
Tape is covered in a viscoelastic material, meaning that it behaves both like a solid and a liquid. When you apply pressure to it, it flows like a liquid, finding its way into any tiny gaps in the surface it is being stuck to. Then, when you leave it alone, it turns back into a solid, allowing it to lock into those gaps like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle to hold itself in place.

oWinqs

Forum Legend
MVP+
oWinqs
oWinqs
MVP+
Ratings
519 19
(Did you just grab the nearest vitamin container and stare at the ingredients/weights because you ran out of interesting facts?)
Tape is covered in a viscoelastic material, meaning that it behaves both like a solid and a liquid. When you apply pressure to it, it flows like a liquid, finding its way into any tiny gaps in the surface it is being stuck to. Then, when you leave it alone, it turns back into a solid, allowing it to lock into those gaps like a piece of a jigsaw puzzle to hold itself in place.
(Nah I used it a few months ago for a science project and I remember it)

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.

rosalinda316

Ratings
The Magic Kingdom (Disneyland in Anaheim) uses an automated vacuum collection (AVAC) system for waste removal. The trash then travels through pneumatic tubes to a central location where it is processed and compressed for transfer to a landfill or recycling plant.
So yes, those trashcans at Disney are glorified vacuum tubes

Nezuko_Chan__

MVP+
N_Joys
N_Joys
MVP+
Ratings
There will be a point in the universe where nothing will exist; no physical things, no light, no black holes, nothing. It will stay that way for all of eternity.
(im sorry i just wanted to elaborate on this, its the most LIKELY scenario that heat death will occur, but its not CERTAIN, concidering the last fact wasnt about the universe, allow me to tell you :p)

some scientists think that over time dark energy may decay and the universe will be ruled by gravity, shrinking again untill a single point in space untill there will be a new big bang

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
(Nah I used it a few months ago for a science project and I remember it)

Dueling is legal in Paraguay as long as both parties are registered blood donors.
"My blood is O type and my sword is rapier type." - Some guy in Paraguay, probably