VIP mine - Suggestion

Is this a good idea?

• Total voters
Ratings
15 3
Hello everyone,
For those of you who don't know me, my name is Dwoof or Dov/Dhruv (depending on who you are). I've been playing Olympus prison for a bit now and I got the VIP+ rank.
I have throughly enjoyed having this rank, but what I haven't liked, is the VIP mine.
I understand that it is a good mine, but it empties out in <5 minutes.

Most people with ranks (unlike me) have amazing pickaxes, this causes the mines to clear out VERY quickly, this also means that the VIP mine takes 45 minutes to reset but only 5 to finish.
This is very unhelpful because even though it is a good mine, it empties out quickly meaning you're stuck with nothing to do for 30-40 minutes.
I would suggest maybe a larger mine and quicker resets of the mine.

Thanks for reading xx

-------
EDIT:
Thanks @rascl for pointing this out to me.
Although the mine would get bigger/reset time would be faster, many ranked players could farm it and use it more as an advantage than it already is, my solution to this maybe splitting up the mines, as in a VIP+ can only go to the VIP+ mine and the regular mines, nothing else.

Say this VIP+ person upgrades to MVP, they can only access the MVP mine and the regular mines, nothing else. This would mean the VIP mine may last longer but it doesn't change time of reset or size.
Each ranked mine would be the same but it would make it so that there is a better chance you will make more money.

Last edited:

hoju

dopeium
dopeium
Ratings
This idea sounds good on paper, but if you think about it, there's a lot of flaws.

If the VIP mines were to get larger / or the reset time was quicker, the players who farm the VIP mines would be able to farm it more efficiently and get larger yield only further increasing their lead. Their pickaxes and certain buffs would only get better and increase the gap between them and other players.

There definitely might be another solution to this problem, but I don't think this is it.

VoidSamusss

MVP+
Voidoro
Voidoro
MVP+
Ratings
29 2
Personal/Plot Mines could be a solution? Only people with the rank can place them/use them. Resets at the same pace but also ensures a certain player gains a full benefit of having the rank themselves? Better ranks = better mines.

Ratings
15 3
This idea sounds good on paper, but if you think about it, there's a lot of flaws.

If the VIP mines were to get larger / or the reset time was quicker, the players who farm the VIP mines would be able to farm it more efficiently and get larger yield only further increasing their lead. Their pickaxes and certain buffs would only get better and increase the gap between them and other players.

There definitely might be another solution to this problem, but I don't think this is it.
Damn, I admit this was a huge flaw couldn't believe it didn't cross my mind.

Ratings
15 3
Personal/Plot Mines could be a solution? Only people with the rank can place them/use them. Resets at the same pace but also ensures a certain player gains a full benefit of having the rank themselves? Better ranks = better mines.
This is a good idea but I genuinely don't think the ManaCube store would just freely give this away with ranks, on other servers 10x10 diamond mines cost up to 15 USD.

Av8oR

Ratings
5 1
My pick is mid-range in quality but still better than most. The autosell gives me around 520k in the VIP mine while I'm at 420-430 in the "GOD" mine (XX). When the VIP mine is waiting reset just go into 1 of the 3 XX mines, then buy some pig spawners and just make your money there :)

Ratings
15 3
My pick is mid-range in quality but still better than most. The autosell gives me around 520k in the VIP mine while I'm at 420-430 in the "GOD" mine (XX). When the VIP mine is waiting reset just go into 1 of the 3 XX mines, then buy some pig spawners and just make your money there :)
You could do that but the suggestion is to speed up the VIP mine or split up the mines into a separate one for each of the ranks

Twixxy

Dedicated Member
PATRON+
LimitedTwix
LimitedTwix
Patron+
Ratings
105 3
i really think its not such a good idea seen that people dont get there money from vip mine anymore, the " higher ranks" they get there money from plots and vip mine is not the only mine in this game, you have plots and about 20 mines so i think its unnecessary for a larger mine or the timer to be shorter. no offense but i think its a bad idea.

Zakno

MVP+
AliceInTheWonder
AliceInTheWonder
MVP+
Ratings
34 4
If the VIP mine was bigger or reset sooner then why would donors use the normal mines? We wouldn't have a reason to, I feel like it's okay and if it was to get bigger or reset quicker it would cause a HUGE benefit for donors causing them to get richer faster. I like the suggestion but it would be a HUGE unfair advantage.

Pr0xeNx

ELITE
Pr0xeNx
Pr0xeNx
ELITE
Ratings
maybe just make separate mines for like vip vip+ and mvp mvp+ or even for every rank each mine