JustWyren
JustWyren
VIP
Ratings
WaterfallTemple by JustWyren
Plot #1
Difficulty: Hard
63 Jumps, 4 Checkpoints

I had already built this map before, and it got rejected. I was told that the parkour wasn't fun and really confusing. I completely remade it all, hope its better!
Never Give up! :3 (Also, I remade that parkour all by myself, got no help this time)

Screenshots:
2020-05-06_16.19.24.png 2020-05-06_16.19.07.png 2020-05-06_16.19.15.png 2020-05-06_16.19.33.png

TimeLP

Ratings
Hey!
Note that this is not an official review of your map.

For the design and originality, it looks amazing. Temples might not be an original idea, but this map is more focused on what's around the temple rather than the main attraction.

I love the nature and adventure-ish style that the map has, and you get a +1 from me.

And for the parkour, which has a few flaws, I'd say it's decent.
Sadly, you have to use a lot of barriers for this map, and it can be quite confusing at times. I think that you could have just a few more directional signs for the map. I suggest you add brown or green carpets that you have to follow to make the pathway more clear.
And for the jumps themselves, I'd say they're very varied and fit in with the build well.
The confusion around the jumps makes it feel more adventurous and make it so you feel like you're exploring a wild forest-map without much help.

All around, the parkour gets a +0,5 from me. :^)

So in conclusion, I give the map a 0,75+

-time

KiKi_Vanilla

Dedicated Member
VIP+
KiKiKornflake
KiKiKornflake
VIP+
Ratings
66 10
Hey JustWyren,
This is not an official review of the map, just my opinion.

First of all, I love the actual build, its very aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
One flaw is that when I tested the parkour, it was not always obvious where to go, so maybe make it a bit clearer (maybe use carpets to show the way).
Other than that, lovely build!

Good luck with your submission <3
- KiKi [Mapper]

JustWyren

VIP
JustWyren
JustWyren
VIP
Ratings
Hey JustWyren,
This is not an official review of the map, just my opinion.

First of all, I love the actual build, its very aesthetically pleasing and beautiful.
One flaw is that when I tested the parkour, it was not always obvious where to go, so maybe make it a bit clearer (maybe use carpets to show the way).
Other than that, lovely build!

Good luck with your submission <3
- KiKi [Mapper]
So as you and Time both said the parkour was a bit confusing, I added signs and carpets to show the way. The barriers are necessary, but they are not in the way if you follow the normal course, so it should be okay.
Anyways, thanks for your review!

Faudon

Forum Expert
QA Team
Faudon
Faudon
QA Team
Ratings
351 6
Hello Wyren,

I am happy to tell you that your map has been accepted for the following reasons:

The theme for your map is decent, but please be careful as there are other maps related with Nature/Biomes/Temples.

The build for your map is outstanding, I really liked the details you have added to it and how almost all jumps were patched, good job!

The parkour for your map is varied, fits the difficulty and has a good length, anyways, I have changed a couple jumps to make your map easier as they did not fit the difficulty you have chosen and also moved the placing of checkpoints to make it more fitting.

Thanks for submitting a map and hope to see more maps from you in the future!

- fau

Status
Not open for further replies.