We need more to do in Olympus

EUCombo

ELITE
EUCombo
EUCombo
ELITE
Ratings
Hello!
I just wanted to say something about the game play in Olympus.

I feel like we need more events going on within Olympus as the server for me has just become afking pig spawners to make money and then buy more spawners. As much as that is fun, I feel like the server could use more events such as random spelling games in chat, drop parties, mining challenges or even a crafting challenge.

The helpers, Ice and Zakno both host events such as parkour, crafting and spleef which is great but as the prizes come from their money, they are not able to do them frequently enough for it to be a solution. I think it's great that they host events and help out the server by giving us more to do but I feel that there should be organised events that do this automatically instead of players having to take it into their own hands.

Lastly I'd like to suggest the idea of backpacks and more custom enchants for pickaxes to encourage more people to go mining to make money instead of going AFK at a pig/cactus farm as their main way of making money as it just fills the server with many AFK people and the mines are left empty.

Thanks for taking a look at the post and I'd like to ask that you please consider these ideas!
-EUCombo

Edit:
They could even add team games where your clan gets awarded weekly based on the amount of blocks that they've mined during that whole week. This would add a reason to be part of a guild instead of just for one rebirth because after completing the rebirth, the guilds are rendered useless.

Last edited:

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
These are all really good ideas, but we also have to take into consideration if the server started doing rank giveaways, then soon everyone would have a rank. And eventually it gets boring and people will stop playing. I may be getting this all wrong, but that's how I see it and maybe others agree with me? Sorry if you didn't mean rank giveaway type events... Cuz if it was for stuff like uh... perks? titles? or even cubits...? But I do fully agree that there is the situation of people just going AFK at their pig/cactus farms and THEIR SHOULD be more enchants for the picks. But also, if that were to happen, maybe some more ores added as well? I know this has been brought up before in another thread on VIP Mine, but I honestly think it's something that should be also taken into consideration.
-StormyEcho

rangedhealer77

Forum Legend
PATRON+
rangedhealer77
rangedhealer77
Patron+
Ratings
761 16
These are all good ideas, just the problem is there used to be more events but they were removed due to lag.

Goatonebay

ELITE
GoatOnEbay
GoatOnEbay
ELITE
Ratings
I agree with the more custom enchants for picks and less for armor. Unless you add more pvp in the rankup process.
I would also like to see Rares / collectebles that are tradable. this will create a whole new currency.
These rares could be dropped in DP's.

EUCombo

ELITE
EUCombo
EUCombo
ELITE
Ratings
I didn't even think of rank giveaways but that could be a good idea as well.

These are all good ideas, just the problem is there used to be more events but they were removed due to lag.
Really ranged? I didn't even know haha. I feel that they could still achieve it if they were to work on the problems instead of just removing the plugin entirely?

Esperosa

VIP
manabuddy
manabuddy
VIP
Ratings
I can fully agree with you on there not being enough things to do... because i have only been playing for about a month and i already run out of things to do. I started by mining like everyone else, but once i found out about free pork places the game has gotten fairly bland and boring as all i do is get on, afk, sell pork, etc. I feel like there should be events that are almost the exact same as Ice's and Zakno's but... This is how i think they should work: Every 1-2 hours an event is publicly announced on Olympus and it could be along the lines of spleef, to pvp, to "who can mine the most ores in ____ amount of time" etc. however the rewards should be given out in tiers such as 1st Place: 200k mana, 2nd Place: 100k mana, 3rd Place: 50k mana. That can work however you want it to.
Thanks for reading -Coco

EUCombo

ELITE
EUCombo
EUCombo
ELITE
Ratings
I can fully agree with you on there not being enough things to do... because i have only been playing for about a month and i already run out of things to do. I started by mining like everyone else, but once i found out about free pork places the game has gotten fairly bland and boring as all i do is get on, afk, sell pork, etc. I feel like there should be events that are almost the exact same as Ice's and Zakno's but... This is how i think they should work: Every 1-2 hours an event is publicly announced on Olympus and it could be along the lines of spleef, to pvp, to "who can mine the most ores in ____ amount of time" etc. however the rewards should be given out in tiers such as 1st Place: 200k mana, 2nd Place: 100k mana, 3rd Place: 50k mana. That can work however you want it to.
Thanks for reading -Coco
Yea dude, this is exactly how i feel it should be. every couple of hours theres a different event and also smaller chat events withing the couple of hours. The rewards could be along the lines of spawners, mana or custom enchants that can only be won from certain events.

Hallowqueen

Mod
Hallowqueen
Hallowqueen
Mod
Ratings
2,321 82
I agree! My last server (which has since shut down) had /play on the prison server, and it was basically a mini-game where you would run around an arena with a bow and arrow and a wooden sword, and if you shot someone with the bow and arrow, it'd be an immediate kill, you had 3 lives and if you won you got tokens (which is basically that servers equivalent to mana). I forget the name for the mini-game, but it was quite fun, and I know a lot of the players enjoyed it.

I know that Ice does a lot of events for the players, and he's complained about having to constantly reset the arenas for spleef for example. FrenzyKiller66 has also done a "Head hunt" recently on his plot which some players enjoyed, and could be a great mini game.

More enchantments for the pickaxes would be a nice addition too. Personally, I think there should be more purchasable ones from /ce, and also of course on /exchange.

Nice ideas! of course though, it's a matter of whether they can add them, and at the moment there's a lot of issues with the server, so I doubt something like a mini-game will be added in the near future, but it'd definitely be nice to see some new additions. :)

Esperosa

VIP
manabuddy
manabuddy
VIP
Ratings
Yea dude, this is exactly how i feel it should be. every couple of hours theres a different event and also smaller chat events withing the couple of hours. The rewards could be along the lines of spawners, mana or custom enchants that can only be won from certain events.
My BIGGEST AND ONLY concern is that there will be items that are won from events that you can only get ONE TIME for example... the Blast Enchant, nobody can get anymore and Ice uses it to flex xD another example would be the OG title which i do agree with but do think should be considered in the future.

Ratings
I agree EU, I also try to host events, I've done countless Drop parties, and parkour events at /warp parkour. I try to make the environment more fun for everyone with those competitions, but the server does need something else, and I'm sure everyone can agree.

The spawner/redstone/and grinders are also very slow, if that can be fixed, that would be great.
Things that would be very cool:

A pvpmine where Item Drop was enabled. It would consist of the most valuable blocks, and the obvious emeralds and diamonds.

Bold nicknames in the perk chest.

Explosive 2: 120k mana, Explosive 3: 180k mana Explosive 4: 240k mana, etc. <--- this would strongly influence the lack of mining in this server.

Donor Pickaxe Kits (Available Every Week):
I think store bought pickaxes, such as the Primordial Pickaxe are not worth what they cost. Right now it costs 17.5 USD. And with what comes on it, many people will agree that it is not worth it. With the amount of Mana circulating around the server the enchants on that pickaxe are very easy to obtain. I think that the mana upgrades should add up starting from zero off of the base enchants of the pickaxe. Therefore a starter pickaxe starts at fortune 0. It can upgrade to fortune 25. But lets say a primordial pickaxe has fortune 10 right (idk what it really is), you should be able to add 25 fortune to it, so it could end at fortune 35. It is just an idea but I think it would be very cool.

VIP
Efficiency X
Unbreaking X
Fortune V

VIP+
Efficiency 15
Unbreaking 20
Fortune 10
Speed I

MVP
Efficiency 20
Unbreaking 30
Fortune 15
Speed II
Autosell I

MVP+
Efficiency 30
Unbreaking 50
Fortune 20
Speed III
Autosell I

Thanks so much for viewing my ideas <3 - Eli/Wincho

Goatonebay

ELITE
GoatOnEbay
GoatOnEbay
ELITE
Ratings
I agree EU, I also try to host events, I've done countless Drop parties, and parkour events at /warp parkour. I try to make the environment more fun for everyone with those competitions, but the server does need something else, and I'm sure everyone can agree.

The spawner/redstone/and grinders are also very slow, if that can be fixed, that would be great.
Things that would be very cool:

A pvpmine where Item Drop was enabled. It would consist of the most valuable blocks, and the obvious emeralds and diamonds.

Bold nicknames in the perk chest.

Explosive 2: 120k mana, Explosive 3: 180k mana Explosive 4: 240k mana, etc. <--- this would strongly influence the lack of mining in this server.

Donor Pickaxe Kits (Available Every Week):
I think store bought pickaxes, such as the Primordial Pickaxe are not worth what they cost. Right now it costs 17.5 USD. And with what comes on it, many people will agree that it is not worth it. With the amount of Mana circulating around the server the enchants on that pickaxe are very easy to obtain. I think that the mana upgrades should add up starting from zero off of the base enchants of the pickaxe. Therefore a starter pickaxe starts at fortune 0. It can upgrade to fortune 25. But lets say a primordial pickaxe has fortune 10 right (idk what it really is), you should be able to add 25 fortune to it, so it could end at fortune 35. It is just an idea but I think it would be very cool.

VIP
Efficiency X
Unbreaking X
Fortune V

VIP+
Efficiency 15
Unbreaking 20
Fortune 10
Speed I

MVP
Efficiency 20
Unbreaking 30
Fortune 15
Speed II
Autosell I

MVP+
Efficiency 30
Unbreaking 50
Fortune 20
Speed III
Autosell I

Thanks so much for viewing my ideas <3 - Eli/Wincho
Maybe crates in the pvp arena with goodies ?

EUCombo

ELITE
EUCombo
EUCombo
ELITE
Ratings
I love how well this post is going and how much everybody is agreeing with it!
It seems like everybody is agreeing with this and that the server needs something new to be implemented.

Ratings
Agree at the time I don't find use for clan other than rebirth. And I really wish shulker box will be a thing. Maybe mine that give income over God but under vip and have pvp with keep inv off. A perk or command for announcing event would be fun. And also I think f25 is to low for Max if the mining can outweight grinder that might lead to more mining.