LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
:mc_38-1: WEEKLY PLAYER SPOTLIGHT! :mc_38-1:
Creative: Samara__

:mc_175-0:

Welcome to the first of many weekly posts called, Weekly Player Spotlight! I wanted to start this weekly thread to help recognize and celebrate players who go above and beyond for their server and the community. As this goes on I hope to also reach out to and partner with staff from all servers so I can give the spotlight to a wide variety if players. I would also like to recognize some who go above and beyond either on the discord or the forums. You do not have to apply to be recognized on this thread and future threads, however players are also welcome to point out others who they think should be recognized via a weekly spotlight! Now that the introduction is over let's get into what this thread is really about.

Screenshot_208.png

Samara__ Is a creative player who has been on my radar for awhile. Not only do they consistently report on the discord they provide proof and amazing descriptions to whatever problem they or other may be having. Beyond this they are also someone on creative who truly advocates for the gamemode and it's players. They often come to me with suggestions or ideas on how to improve the server and community to create a better experience for everyone. They have also created forums posts with a detailed list of bugs/issues creative had/had, this helper us, as staff, report and make sure we knew about all of these issues.

Samara__ also has made a public warp on creative called /warp we. This warp provides assistance in many world edit commands and has examples and step by step signs to help builders of all skill level. They are also currently working on another warp that will be all about armor stands and how to use them in creative ways in builds. They have also extended help to me, I am average with world edit and wanted to learn more. Samara__ has helped me learn commands and new ways to create interesting builds.

Finally, Samara__ has also started having a few of their own build contests on creative. For those who do not know Creative Staff like to run builds comps every other week but due to out busy schedule and small team we just simply have not been able to do this. By samara__ running these mini build contests they have helped provide players with an experience that they could not get.

They also have a grade of A+, the highest grade you can earn on manacube. Here is a screenshot of a small portion of their A+ build:
Screenshot_207.png

I want to thank samara__ and all players who try so hard to make their chosen gamemode a warm place to be. I hope to keep doing these on a weekly cycle as long as there is someone who deserves the spotlight for a little bit. Staff and players are welcome to reply here or contact me privately to suggest someone they would like to see get the spotlight.

:mc_175-0:

I hope you all enjoyed this!

best, kayla​

Last edited:

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Ah yes, player appreciation :) I love this, I don’t think non staff get any credit for the genuine work and kindness of their actions. Thanks for starting to highlight them with a great choice! And thank you Samara for all you do for creative <3

Samara__

ELITE
Samara__
Samara__
ELITE
Ratings
77 5
Thank you for spotlighting me! I plan on doing more events on creative like spleef and sumo (for those who have /gm s) as well as planning on new ideas that can make creative come to life.

Once the quality-of-life updates have been made for creative, I do look forward to eventually becoming staff for Creative only.

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
Thank you for spotlighting me! I plan on doing more events on creative like spleef and sumo (for those who have /gm s) as well as planning on new ideas that can make creative come to life.

Once the quality-of-life updates have been made for creative, I do look forward to eventually becoming staff for Creative only.

YAY!!

I love to see this, I was more than happy to do this for you and cannot wait to do this for other players in the future. Thank you for everything you have done for me and the community <3

tylerbub1277

PATRON
tylerbub1277
tylerbub1277
Patron
Ratings
Not sure if this is my place since you could say I am relatively new, but this is the first time I have seen something like this done in any game community that I have been apart of and it is great to see people being recognized for their efforts, staff or not. Keep up the positivity! :D

caleb!

Dedicated Member
ELITE
imageyser
imageyser
ELITE
Ratings
251 8
I love this idea! Sam is such a positive and helpful person on the Creative server and I feel that this is incredibly well-deserved. Recently, I've noticed a lot of appreciation for staff & players going around, and I think that's really great!

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
Samara is one of the nicest people you could ever find on Creative. You will always see them talking in chat and helping out with any questions a player might have! Samara is such a wonderful person overall, thank you Samara for everything. Well-deserved spotlight!

Cookie Kat

Forum God
MVP+
StormySkiesYT
StormySkiesYT
MVP+
Ratings
1,277 98
I think this is a really cool idea, Kayla! Honestly, in all my years of playing multiplayer (three four years), I've never seen a community do this before! I was actually thinking of doing something similar, so it's kinda funny how you brought this up!
Edit: Forgot to say congratulations to Samra!! I don't know them very well- I think I've only ever talked to them like once on a Manacube VC... but they seem pretty nice, and I've seen them on creative when I do decide to go on creative lol :)

LiLKayla

Forum Legend
ELITE
LiLKayla
LiLKayla
ELITE
Ratings
969 30
I was going to reply to everyone but i didn’t want to spam the thread, I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has either praised the thread or praised Sam, I want to keep doing this on a weekly cycle because i believe players truly deserve recognition.

thank you all!!