What strats did you wish you knew when you started pk?

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
Just thought it might be a good idea to compile a list of strats that players should know if they want to get better at pk :D

A Pink Cow

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Pink_Bovine
Pink_Bovine
ELITE
Ratings
291 1
I'll start us off -

Pessi - Need to do a one block headhitter? Struggling with CP 7 of HAUNTED MANOR??!

Look no further. Do those headhitters consistently now!

This is the best tutorial I've found for pessi thus far

Once_Upon_A_Mine

VIP
Once_Upon_A_Mine
Once_Upon_A_Mine
VIP
Ratings
49 3
Here are my tips:

- Use a sprint key, it is a lot more consistent than w tapping w and is actually needed for most courses.

- Learn classic momentum setups like x and z facing backwalled 3 block momentum, 3 block momentum (no backwall) and 2bmm backwalled and no backwall. Once u know the basic setups you can start improvising on strats for more complex setups and adjusting based on your prior knowledge.

If you have any questions I can right about this more in depth later.

- Learn about x and z facing. Z facing walls are walls where the hitbox is smaller in the front and larger in the back allowing you to jump all the way in front of it without hitting the wall. X facing walls have a larger hitbox in the front so you must usually take 2 to 3 shift taps back from the front of the wall to avoid the hitbox.

These hitboxes can be seen in F3 mode.

-Struggling to do single and double neos?? The key is to remember that it really is not a long jump and you are just sidestepping aorund the block and then coming back in.

For x facing neos crouch to the front, than take 2 or 3 shift taps back and headhitter (2 is easier but if you find you are overjumping than do 3). For z facing neos

- When jamming, hold ypur sprint key before pressing w and space that way there is less room for error as you are only pressing 2 keys at oece instead of 3.

- Use a plot to practice jumps

- Learn force momentum. This is a good technique for consistency in 4 block jumps if you are struggling.

- Learn to feel for tick timings in parkour. A good way to do this is to practice jumps with 1 and 2 tick timings. Some examples include practicing headhitters and more.

- Watch parkour youtubers. They will help you learn new strats and amaze you with their skill. Some of my favorites are YouAreRexist, DionysosITheIGod, ImInHell and sdopjsdggsrd

BluePottwal

Dedicated Member
ELITE
BluePottwal
BluePottwal
ELITE
Ratings
164 12
Id say force momentum and pessi are the most important ones for the start. The rest comes all by itself with practise. To really get better at parkour you need to learn how ticks work and get a feeling for them. Ticks are the basics for basically all strats

celestiiia

Forum Expert
PATRON+
celestiiia
celestiiia
Patron
Ratings
150 3
if i'd known the basic strats of simp-finding/ e-girling sooner I probably would have at least 25 prestige by now </3

Jash

Forum Expert
PATRON+
Jashhy
Jashhy
Patron+
Ratings
367 5
Last edited:

jacobsfunparty

Forum Expert
ELITE
jacobsfunparty
jacobsfunparty
ELITE
Ratings
337 6
I wish I knew how to not rage at parkour when I first started out. Would save a lot of pain

zzykrkv

Dedicated Member
VIP+
zzykrkv
zzykrkv
VIP+
Ratings
202 5
F M M

Bro literally nothing compares to the usefulness of fmm

Bootz

Dedicated Member
ELITE
kaama
kaama
ELITE
Ratings
98 5
Momentum is key! It will really help you out in those longer block jumps and ones with elevation too. Don't be afraid to take some of it slowly however when you can see you are near a checkpoint, but for the majority of the time momentum should help you a lot.

Hope this helps!

Also try not to get too angry! xD

JeandaBean

VIP+
JSB_Inc
JSB_Inc
VIP+
Ratings
Just thought it might be a good idea to compile a list of strats that players should know if they want to get better at pk :D
DEFINITELY wished I set a keybind for the sprint key sooner
it's super helpful, and comes in clutch in a lot of situations

also learning timing for head hitters is very helpful, just jumping and hoping for the best is tiring haha

keeping your cool, yes parkour is a pain, but sometimes you need a breather before starting that awful jump again

Enderkitten

Ratings
force momentum definitely, I can't do 4blocks without it XD
If you don't know how to force momentum, here is how to do it (in 1.18, might be different in 1.8)
look straight down at the block you're on, and line your cursor up with the 4th to last pixel on the block. Then press and hold jump, and sprint forward a tick after you jump.

Kiri

Dedicated Member
PATRON
ParthenonSys
ParthenonSys
Patron
Ratings
53 6
Tick timing is so goated on parkour nowadays

Brokeboiz

VIP
BrokeBoiz
BrokeBoiz
VIP
Ratings
Using 1.8.9 before you get used to the ladder mechanics in 1.18. Makes life so difficult having to shift to get onto a ladder hah. Some maps are too glitchy or basically impossible (too high slime jumps) in 1.18 and I never knew this so I spent 30 minutes trying to do an easy, wondering why the slime wouldn't bounce me high enough.