Why I'm leaving ManaCube

Ratings
BUGS
In the initial Skyblock announcement, we were promised Ancient Trails and a Monster Merchant named "Kilton". These were two major features that separated Manacube from other servers, but neither has worked since launch. Spawners haven't worked well for weeks now; my wither spawners stopped spawning mobs altogether. A handful of custom enchants remain broken, yet, they're still possible to get when identifying books (3 ranks of auto smelt and 10 ranks of alpha makes Legendary CE books a very risky purchase). There are several other bugs too, but as I exit, there's no point in taking the time to list them.

PRIORITIES
I've discussed several bugs and issues with mods in-game who have "reported" the problem, and those problems I've never seen resolved or heard back on. The bugs listed above, and several others continue to exist with no official word from the admins when they will be fixed. Yet, Thanksgiving, Black Friday, and Christmas all get sales, special events, and custom keys. I wonder if you would have made more money by keeping the player base instead?

LACK OF COMMUNICATION
I cared about this server when I first joined, and when I ran into issues, I tried to present those issues in a clear and concise manner through informative forum posts or in discord under "help" (please see my post history for examples). None of my posts or discord messages ever got official responses from staff stating they were aware of the problem or offering a time frame of when the issue might be resolved. I was once debating how to support the server and had questions about if perks carried over to future seasons, when I asked Dacon about this via pm on discord, I was ignored and never answered.

BAN HAPPY STAFF, SEVERE PUNISHMENTS
I used an AFK pool in the first week of the server, and was banned for 3 days. About a month into the server, My alt and my roommates character got banned for 2 weeks for auto-mining (even though we were both 10 ft. from the computer and responded to messages within a minute). Last Wednesday to complete the jump quest, I placed a stapler on my space key and used the bathroom. Selfoccate banned me for a week. I support the server, I've bought keys, black market items, and a rank. I'm a good samaritan, I help noobs, answer questions, and I'm always respectful and polite. The actions I got banned for are things 7 of my friends do too, but they aren't being watched. The actions I got banned for, 90% of the server does. When I tried to have a respectful discussion with Selfoccate about it, they said I deserved the ban length because of my past actions. I'm tired of being treated like a criminal trying to re-enter society and losing momentum every time I get flexed on by a 13-year-old mod. You know why the server is dead after a month? Because everyone's banned.

I regret putting money into this server. I truly believe the things I've stated above will not change. I know this post will be deleted or locked, but as long as Dacon and other mods see it, that's all that matters. To those of you who are left, have fun, I hope things get better.

Last edited:

tiametdragonborn

MVP+
Tiametdragonborn
Tiametdragonborn
MVP+
Ratings
Posted November 22, the last major fix we saw as an offical update.
Goodbye Vote Spam

All servers will now only broadcast 1 vote message per player, instead of for each vote link.

would have rather had CE's fixed, or ranks and upgrades fixed, or spawners fixed, or a way to get back entire things that just disapper after restarts, or Kilton finally brought up to code. Skyblock is a mess and I think it will die in a month or two. But sure as heck december 07 we get a christmas sale and a christmas chest...maybe coding those or implementing those weren't the best use of the time. I loved this server when it started...but now its just disappointing

happy?

MVP+
nicecolor
nicecolor
MVP+
Ratings
20 2
Well The Bans Were you Fault Also Did you Read the Rules Also About the Bugs, Every single Server has bugs Like Some Very Popular Servers They Have bugs When new Gamemodes comes out Even though Skyblock isn't new, there was a bunch of abusable glitches Also the server hasn't even been out for 13 years Also when Dacon ignored you its ok He Has a Life to go on with and So Much work Its like asking the owner of a popular server to Play with you Why would they play with you if they had tons of other party invites and why would they choose you over everyone else Also I know your not trying to be mean or anything And I respect that part of you for that Thank You And Happiness is the First step of Success!

Ratings
Well The Bans Were you Fault
Sure, I agree. I believe the ban lengths are a little lengthy for my violations though. Also, since auto-mining isn't something they're catching through detection, certain people are getting banned, and others are not. The people being banned are then being watched for other infractions, and others are left alone. This seems unfair.

Every single Server has bugs Like Some Very Popular Servers They Have bugs When new Gamemodes comes out Even though Skyblock isn't new, there was a bunch of abusable glitches
But it reaches a point where there are more features being broken than there are being fixed. Spawners are a major part of this game. People invest all their savings into them for a dependable income stream. When they're left broken for over a week, that's a problem.

Also the server hasn't even been out for 13 years.
When I say 13-year old mods, I'm referring to their age. They're kids.

Its like asking the owner of a popular server to Play with you
Actually, it's not. It's asking him for a "yes or no" answer which takes 1 second.

Thanks for your reply though.

Last edited:
Ratings
It's unfortunate to see you leave! I do agree with the issues of communication or lack there of but I do believe it has quite improved recently!

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
I'm used to this crap. I'm perm muted...