Proteges

Forum Master
VIP+
TheProTroller
TheProTroller
VIP+
Ratings
617 31
Hey there, before going ahead with your map submission review I'd like to inform you that I'm only giving you my personal opinion/feedback on your parkour map submission and my personal feedback will certainly not affect your parkour map submission in the slightest, I recommend that you take in my feedback to improve your submission if there are any flaws, you don't need to and you're free to ignore me but anyhow, let's get right into your parkour map submission review!

Originality ~ From first glance and my personal experience I'm pretty sure this parkour map is an original design, I've certainly seen maps will birds/animals in it but I don't think I've seen a cockatiel map from my server experience, I do commend you on your efforts with the design, it certainly looks like a cockatiel and you did a pretty good job with it.

Difficulty ~ Sadly even though your parkour map is EASY it's not really got enough jumps to even be considered an EASY map, I thought long and hard about this and I considered giving your parkour map a try to see the difficulty of the parkour, that might be a comeback for the unfortunate lack of jumps in your map submission. I mean your parkour map certainly does have a few jumps that would be hard for new players and you certainly have some variety in your jumps which is honestly great to see as it makes the parkour more interesting.

Nonetheless, good job on your parkour submission! :)

YOBittu

VIP
YOBittu
YOBittu
VIP
Thanks for the review!
I know what you mean and thats what i went for. Short map with a few tricky jumps.

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey YOBittu, here is my critique of your map! (please note that I am only a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)

I think this map is great! The build is well done and resembles your theme of a Cockatiel. I don't believe there are any Cockatiel maps but there are bird maps. This shouldn't hurt your theme for originality at all though. For the parkour, I disagree with TheProTroller here. The length of this easy map is fine. I have submitted a few easy maps with 27 - 29 jumps and they have been accepted. I also don't think there are many actual tricky jumps here. The parkour fits the difficulty. My only complaint is that you didn't mark your barriers on this map. Typically, when there are barriers blocking you off from an area, mappers place an itemframe with a barrier inside on the wall. This helps players understand that they are not meant to go there. With that simple fix, I think this map would be a perfect addition to the easy maps!

Good job, and good luck!

YOBittu

VIP
YOBittu
YOBittu
VIP
Alright ill add signs to indicate the barriers. Thank you!

Edit: I've added indicators

Last edited:

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Difficulty ~ Sadly even though your parkour map is EASY it's not really got enough jumps to even be considered an EASY map, I thought long and hard about this and I considered giving your parkour map a try to see the difficulty of the parkour, that might be a comeback for the unfortunate lack of jumps in your map submission.
27 jumps is definitely not too short for an Easy map as most Easies are around 25-30 jumps. One of my Easies has 22 jumps and I think there is a map on the server with 19.

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello!

This map is being accepted! The build is great! It's nice and simple, something I like to see for an easy, and it definitely represents the theme. The theme is definitely original, as there is not a cockatiel map that I can recall. The parkour is good for an easy and is very fun to do! Overall, the course is done very well! Good job!

Thank you for submitting this map! I hope to see more from you in the future! :D
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord! :D

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.