Forum Expert
ELITE
GamersDecision
GamersDecision
ELITE
Ratings
255 2
Hello Mika!

I am here to tell you my opinion of your map. Please remember that I am not a Map Judge and my opinion does not affect the judging result. If the Map Judges disagree with my opinion they will go by what they think!

Firstly the THEME of your map. I don't remember this thing ever being as a map, and I honestly respect you picking such a different theme. Original and a great pick, well done!

Secondly the BUILD of your map. After looking at reference pictures of how the real thing looks like, there seem to be many different versions of the Cross, but I did find the one you replicated! It is accurate to the real thing, and well built to me. Great work with the build!

Lastly the PARKOUR of your map. To me, this is the biggest problem of your map and the downfall of it. I didn't find it enjoyable to play myself. It was varied, and fit the aesthetic side of the map, barely making the build look messier, so well done on that aspect. However the parkour is very sluggish and filled with corner jumps because all the parkour is attached to walls. I understand that this is inevitable in your build, but I still believe you could have executed the parkour better. The map is also built on the wrong facing for Hard maps, (your map is Z, when Hard maps are facing X) which makes the parkour be different when the map is rotated. All X corners turn into Z corners and vice versa. I would also work on the Parkour because the way it is now I find to be WAY TOO DIFFICULT for the Hard difficulty, feeling more like a middle ground Expert.

I'm giving the map a 0 for now, because the theme and build are good and I believe you can work on the Parkour to make it better. Good luck : )

Mika

Forum Expert
ELITE
qMika
qMika
ELITE
Ratings
179 5
Okay so now I have changed the parkour a little bit. Now it should accord to the difficulty of a hard map and I also tried to put in less corner jumps. Thank you for taking time to give me feedback! ;D

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Mika,

I will be putting this map into Ongoing. This means your map has gone through a primary review by a map judge, and is ready to be discussed among the map judging team. Please be patient with us during this process, as it may take a few days before we come to a final decision on your map.

If you have questions in the meantime, please message me on Discord.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello Mika,

I am sorry to tell you this map is being rejected. The theme is original, there are no badges or medals like this yet on ManaCube. The build however isn't great. There isn't much block variation or texture to the badge which makes it a bit boring. The gold block choice is very striking and I think could have used some texture to even out the brightness of the gold. Some of the floating parkour also distracts from of the build a bit.
The parkour was okay, but there were some parts that were extremely annoying such as cobweb jumps and the beginning slime. The parkour was on the harder side of the difficulty, but there were well placed checkpoints, so good job on that. The build was the main reason for this map's rejection.

Thank you for submitting this map! If you have questions, feel free to message me on Discord.

Status
Not open for further replies.