• Poll closed .

Peculiarly

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
84 15
Hello,

Today I will be talking about cussing.

Cussing is alright, just if you're in rage. Cussing at other people just because they have done something better than you or won something or won something before you. Like in creative their is a person that sometimes beats us at scrambler (not going to their name) they always say Rekt, if we try and beat them. It's extremely annoying, I take offence because it kinda comes off to me as you can't type faster than me.

• Children might be playing on Parkour (this is where the most cussing happens).
  • Children that got told they aren't allowed to swear.
  • Children's parents might be watching over them and see that.
I saw someone in parkour, Someone cussed and this person said "Can you please not cuss", the person that cussed asked this "Why not". The other replied "My Mum is watching".

This is why there should be like a warning, Maximum of 3 warnings before a mute.

If others disagree please post your comment why. There is a poll to choose. I will show staff the poll after 2 days, we can work out something.

PolarisStar

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
94 7
You said
Hello,

Today I will be talking about cussing.

Cussing is alright, just if you're in rage. Cussing at other people just because they have done something better than you or won something or won something before you. Like in creative their is a person that sometimes beats us at scrambler (not going to their name) they always say Rekt, if we try and beat them. It's extremely annoying, I take offence because it kinda comes off to me as you can't type faster than me.

• Children might be playing on Parkour (this is where the most cussing happens).
  • Children that got told they aren't allowed to swear.
  • Children's parents might be watching over them and see that.
I saw someone in parkour, Someone cussed and this person said "Can you please not cuss", the person that cussed asked this "Why not". The other replied "My Mum is watching".

This is why there should be like a warning, Maximum of 3 warnings before a mute.

If others disagree please post your comment why. There is a poll to choose. I will show staff the poll after 2 days, we can work out something.
I totally understand what you are talking about, vReq. I, myself, agree also because I am not big on swearing either. But there are lots of players that play on Minevast, that are used to swearing in chat, and taking that away may effect their happiness of the community. What I would do, is put a warning on the server selector (example: for parkour when your cursor hovers over the gold boots it says "Warning: Swearing is allowed". I would agree, though, that parkour being one of the most played parts of Minevast, is played by players that are sensitive to cussing.
So my opinion would be that swearing would not be allowed or would be discouraged on the most played parts of Minevast. I will not vote Yes or No because my opinion sits right in the middle of the two :p

Last edited:

FlashxPoint

Dedicated Member
Donator
Ratings
181 2
Okay I can see what you mean here but if you play parkour alot cussing is something that most of the frequent players like to do and would agree with it staying. It may look bad for kids but with age people change. Something you do in game isn't directly responsible for what happens in real life.

Ambibug

Retired
ELITE
Ambibug
Ambibug
ELITE
Ratings
262 6
I can see where you're coming from. However some people use swearing in their everyday language like me and other players on parkour, which is where i play the most. It is needed to let rage out from failing on a parkour so many times :p There is a swear filter that changes some swears into other words. For example we have the word Fudge instead of F**k. We also have two servers that we do not allow swearing on and players will get muted if they do swear. These are Skyblock and Islands which are dubbed as 'kid friendly.' If someone does not like swearing or is not allowed to see swearing they have the option to turn off chat in their options which will stop them from seeing the swearing. I should probably add there is already rules in places regarding swearing, If it is over used and repetitive the player can be muted for it, if they swear once every now and again its allowed (Apart from skyblock and Islands) :)

Tywone

Dedicated Member
Donator+
Tywone
Tywone
MVP
Ratings
346 11
There are rules and limitations on cursing, and those are being enforced by the MV Staff team. Cursing is allowed, however, excessive cursing is not. If a player is going overboard on the cursing, they will receive two warnings while the third being a temporary local mute. However, that does not apply to some servers. For example, on Skyblock, you are not allowed to curse at all. It is a G-rated server and cursing will result in an instant temporary mute.

When you log onto Minecraft, or any game for the matter, you are joining at your own risk; not every place you go will be strictly G-rated. Despite the amount of children playing video games, there will always be cursing. Vile language is not something you can be completely isolated from.

I understand and respect the frustration you have with this issue, you are not the only one. If a player keeps saying "rekt" after every time they come first in scrambler, it is recommended that you /ignore that player. There are no rules against bad-sportsmanship, so the player cannot and will not be punished.

Speediare

Forum Master
MVP+
Ratings
668 9
I see your point, vReq. However, as Tywone said above, cussing is allowed, but it can't go overboard. Now, I'm not a person who cusses, but when I see cussing, I just simply ignore it, unless it's used to be extremely rude to someone. (Also, with the scrambler thing in Creative, rekt isn't a curse word.) Another note is that if there is children playing and there is cursing but they don't talk in chat, they can just turn their chat settings to Commands Only so they don't see the curse words as much.

Ratings
Well I agree with you cussing should be banned i mean like some people will try to bypass the filter and its annoying because we know what they are trying to say and we have young kids who play on this server. In my opinion its immature and disrespectul so i think that we should ban the cussing

TeamTyler

Dedicated Member
Ratings
92 3
EDIT - Whoops, just realized how old this thread is. @Olaf_Baby bumped this ;-;
I understand how swearing can be abused, but I'm just getting it out there.
I'm a ticking timebomb when it comes to swearing sometimes, and that's okay. It is human nature to swear. I think swearing should be fine, but against the rules if it's directed at people.
E.g: "I did a shitty job at this parkour!" - This would be alright because it's not aimed at anyone.
E.g: "TeamTyler go fuck yourself!" - This would be a rule violation because it's aimed at a specific user or group.

Ratings
um i didnt bump anything actually i was just reponding to a poll i just go on thank you very much and i had no intentions of it
[DOUBLEPOST=1484087907][/DOUBLEPOST]if i saw how old it was i would've stopped

Miku

Forum Master
MVP+
ItsMiku
ItsMiku
MVP+
Ratings
598 14
I agree, I almost never curse because I play a LOT skyblock. So I am Used to it. If I want to swear or if I rage I do this:
1. Stop Playing the Parkour or thing im doing
I stop a bit so I can calm down. If i want I countinue later
2. Curse irl
I curse in my room but not in chat so everyone see how I am mad.

There are a lot of players who like cursing and Thats ok. Like Ambibug and Twyone said if they curse a lot they get muted except in Skyblock/Islands

I see many people talked about this theme so I wont repeat much things :3

WOOPS THIS IS AN OLD THREAD Olaf... This is an old thread please Olaf dont reply old things or people get confused and reply too. Like me and Team Tyler