Rejected Gravitatiy Ruins - Parkour course submit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My username ig is: SuperPlayz_
My maps name is Gravity ruins and its difficulty from my perspective is Hard (Difficulty - Hard)
I havent counted the jumps, but i see that its optional for the format! The plot it is on is my first one. /plot home Superplayz_ (1)
Of course the builder is me and no one else. The one thing in this course which might be annoying is my barriers. But just tell me if i need to mark them better and Ill happily do it!
1572470493544.png

1572470615135.png

1572470536119.png

Attachments

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
-1. The build isn't great, as it's all the same block and kind of a random shape. I also don't see how the build relates to the theme; there's nothing gravity-related and it doesn't look much like ruins. The parkour is also pretty repetitive, especially with the ladder jumps.

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Due to the ruins theme being extremely overused, I don't see this map ever being added.

Here's some important points for any other maps you make in the future!
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, ladder tower jumps) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Avoid using barriers to block people off from reaching areas (Barrier parkour is OK if done correctly).
  • Pick a theme that hasn't been used yet. You can find a list of all levels here: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lZKQZMgGev6fXyhZ8nCPkTzNIj0yOjXjUTDvfzKNzl4/edit
Good luck!

Shinxray

SrMod | Parkour Manager
Senior Mod
Shinxray
Shinxray
Senior Mod
Ratings
692 11
Hoi SuperPlayz_,
Sorry to tell you that your map have been rejected.
The theme is not original, sadly there is already a lot of "Ruins/Floating Islands" maps, please try picking a better theme next time ! Th build could be better I guess the islands looks decent, but the build overall looks quite messy, try building your parkour on/in a main build, and about multiple/scattered builds. The parkour is not really good, it's quite repetitive in my opinion, while there is sometimes slimes, fence or cobble walls, most of your map is normal/ladder jumps, please try using ice, soul sand, flower pots, heads… I also think the map is a bit too long for a hard, and is not enough hard for an expert.

Thanks for submitting your map, would be really good to see more maps from you !

Status
Not open for further replies.