Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello all!

So I was talking with a few others last night and we thought that this would be an interesting idea to put out there for everyone, and it’s as simple as this: A Player’s Choice Crate!

This crate could feature 2-3 tags, 2 chat colors, and a set of “Player’s Choice” Tools/Armor, among other decorative hats, perks, and miscellaneous features depending on the game mode.

I think this crate would be beneficial for the community and for revenue, since everyone would be able to participate and have a chance to get things they want from the chest. Players being able to create some different tags and chat colors (one solid, one multicolor) they would want that are appropriate and fun would be very exciting!

Players could submit ideas for tags and combo chat colors to be voted on in a Preliminary Round on the forums:
  • A certain threshold of submissions that are approved by staff and meet certain guidelines (say, the top 20)
  • These top submissions that meet the criteria and have the highest amount of Likes would make it to the Official Voting Round.
  • Solid chat colors are very limited, so player created combos would really be the only thing to submit.
    • Players could also vote on solid or combo chat colors from previous crates that they want to return.

Players would then be allowed to vote in the Official Voting Round for their top 2 or 3 favorite tags and chat color choices.

Player’s Choice Tools, Armor and Hats could have custom ManaCube themed skins that the players could also vote on. This kind of vote could be structured in one of two ways:
  • Dacon or other Admins could release a few different design sets for players to vote on. The set that gets the most amount of votes would be implemented as the Player's Choice set.
  • Players could “draw” or submit set designs that could be voted on and made into in-game models. This could showcase some of the artistic spirits on the server. I think this would be really cool! This would take more time, which is a bit of a downside.

As far as perks and other items in the chest, players could vote on the standard items that they would want in the chest aside from the custom items (such as chat feelings, artmap, inf chests, McMMO credits, ender pearls, etc. depending on your gamemode).

Overall, the point of the chest is for players to actively be able to choose what they want in the chest and play a role in making tags and choosing chat colors, or those who are the artists of the server have a chance to show their skills and create some really cool custom armor or hat textures! Again, I think this could be beneficial for both ends of the server (being community and management).

Thoughts? Suggestions? Additions?

Last edited:

Blurpyfied

Forum God
ELITE
Blurpyfied
Blurpyfied
ELITE
Ratings
960 435
Hello all!

So I thought that this would be an interesting idea to put out there for everyone, and it’s as simple as this: A Player’s Choice Crate!

This crate could feature 2-3 tags, 2 chat colors, and a set of “Player’s Choice” Tools/Armor, among other decorative hats, perks, and miscellaneous features depending on the game mode.

I think this crate would be beneficial for the community and for revenue, since everyone would be able to participate and have a chance to get things they want from the chest. Players being able to create some different tags and chat colors (one solid, one multicolor) they would want that are appropriate and fun would be very exciting!

Players could submit ideas for tags and combo chat colors to be voted on in a Preliminary Round on the forums:
  • A certain threshold of submissions that are approved by staff and meet certain guidelines (say, the top 20)
  • These top submissions that meet the criteria and have the highest amount of Likes would make it to the Official Voting Round.
  • Solid chat colors are very limited, so player created combos would really be the only thing to submit.
    • Players could also vote on solid or combo chat colors from previous crates that they want to return.

Players would then be allowed to vote in the Official Voting Round for their top 2 or 3 favorite tags and chat color choices.

Player’s Choice Tools, Armor and Hats could have custom ManaCube themed skins that the players could also vote on. This kind of vote could be structured in one of two ways:
  • Dacon or other Admins could release a few different design sets for players to vote on. The set that gets the most amount of votes would be implemented as the Player's Choice set.
  • Players could “draw” or submit set designs that could be voted on and made into in-game models. This could showcase some of the artistic spirits on the server. I think this would be really cool! This would take more time, which is a bit of a downside.

As far as perks and other items in the chest, players could vote on the standard items that they would want in the chest aside from the custom items (such as chat feelings, artmap, inf chests, McMMO credits, ender pearls, etc. depending on your gamemode).

Overall, the point of the chest is for players to actively be able to choose what they want in the chest and play a role in making tags and choosing chat colors, or those who are the artists of the server have a chance to show their skills and create some really cool custom armor or hat textures! Again, I think this could be beneficial for both ends of the server (being community and management).

Thoughts? Suggestions? Additions?
yes i want but dacon can't put ancient keys in these chest or peg boots.

btw i said this in chat once before you put this here lol

OPCape

Ratings
19 2
This sounds like a great idea, I also so a suggestion about having country tags, so that could be an idea of a title in the chest, where you can win the title for your nationality. This might be hard seeing as there are so many nationalities.
But all in all, this sounds like an incredibly good idea and i wish that they can implement it

iserik

ELITE
iserik
iserik
ELITE
Ratings
48 6
This sounds like a good idea. But would items from old crates like a year before come back? and making them less rare?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
This sounds like a good idea. But would items from old crates like a year before come back? and making them less rare?
It all really depends. I think items as in gear sets, tools, hats, etc. should not return from old crates. But there's only so many color combinations and solid chat colors. So some might have to come back in that respect. Tags depend on if people submit or suggest old tags to be in the crate.

Tl;dr: It depends on what the players want! :)

iserik

ELITE
iserik
iserik
ELITE
Ratings
48 6
It all really depends. I think items as in gear sets, tools, hats, etc. should not return from old crates. But there's only so many color combinations and solid chat colors. So some might have to come back in that respect. Tags depend on if people submit or suggest old tags to be in the crate.

Tl;dr: It depends on what the players want! :)
Oke so titles and text colors will return but not items? That sounds good. If players choose items then it would mostly be the best item, People would choose s7 over s6 etc.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Oke so titles and text colors will return but not items? That sounds good. If players choose items then it would mostly be the best item, People would choose s7 over s6 etc.
I'm thinking that players wouldn't be able to choose enchants on the items for balance reasons on the gear sets/tools. Players would be able to vote on premade designs that Dacon shows us, or a second option (which I would prefer) where players can submit their own designs for the textures on the forums to be voted on (like the tags and chat colors). So players wouldn't be choosing the items/enchants themselves. I just don't think that'd be fair for balance anyway.

kxe

Forum Legend
ELITE
kxrose
kxrose
ELITE
Ratings
877 6
StarWars crate is basically this. :D:D