Rejected Map Submission: Amusement Antics! (By NCZ021) (HARD)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ratings
I think this might be medium, but i'm worried this might also be too hard for the difficulty, am i allowed to resubmit improved versions of maps which are more likely to be accepted? this is my first submission and i'm worried...

caseyclosed

Forum Expert
ELITE
caseyclosed
caseyclosed
ELITE
Ratings
518 24
Hey NCZ021, here is my critique of your map! (please note that I am a Mapper and my opinion has no effect on the final decision)

The build for your map is a little strange. I like the Ferris wheel but some other aspects like the tower and the fun house tents are a little lackluster. Typically, maps with multiple builds like this aren't very common, as a central build is much easier to work with and will allow you to reduce the amount of floating jumps on your course. The theme is slightly unoriginal as we already have maps such as FerrisWheel, Freakshow, and RollerCoaster. This map is a combination of these three maps. The parkour is unvaried and a little confusing at times. I recommend you add some directional signs and heads with arrows to direct the player a little more. You should mix in a few interesting blocks for jumps like slabs, daylight sensors, vines, beds, cakes, anvils, walls, water jumps, brewing stands, etc.

Overall, I think this map needs some work to be accepted. Good luck!

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello NCZ021,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected,
The theme is unoriginal, as we already have a map with this exact theme (FerrisWheel.) Before creating a map, please make sure that the theme has not already been done by going here: https://manacube.com/threads/parkour-list-with-theme.20194/
The build is somewhat accurate to how a ferris wheel looks in real life, so good job on that! The build does look a bit odd in my opinion, and it looks a bit basic for a wheel, so try adding some more details or expanding the size of the build!
The parkour is varied throughout, and incorporated with the theme, so good job on that! However, it is quite confusing at times, particularly in the beginning; I didn't know you were supposed to run to the side of the wheel. The length of the map is good for the hard difficulty, but I feel like the jumps are a bit easy (note that this isn't necessarily a bad thing.)

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,
Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.