Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
Username - TenkaiSean

Map Name - Newspaper

/plot visit TenkaiSean 1 (aka 30;77)

Difficulty - Medium

Jumps - About 46
(Snakes in the background are different parkour, yellow line seperates)
(
parkoura.png
parkoura1.png
parkoura2.png
parkoura3.png

I am pretty sure this is original... I have checked the google doc involving words like "news" or "newspaper" but nothing showed up. So, I hope you like it! (This is probably the first time I ever got near the actual jumps for a certain difficulty)

MCBYT

Forum Master
ELITE
MCBYT
MCBYT
ELITE
Ratings
491 19
-0.5. The theme is original, yes, and the parkour looks well-varied and good in terms of difficulty/length, but the map itself looks really ugly to me.
Partially because newspapers would have to be flat-ish to look normal, partially because this newspaper is very small and the letters make it look like a random jumble of colors, and partially because a lot of the parkour is floating.
I think this is a really nice idea, but try to make it on a larger scale, and maybe standing up so you can attach the parkour to it.

Cogsworth

Cogsworth
Cogsworth
Ratings
-0.5. The theme is original, yes, and the parkour looks well-varied and good in terms of difficulty/length, but the map itself looks really ugly to me.
Partially because newspapers would have to be flat-ish to look normal, partially because this newspaper is very small and the letters make it look like a random jumble of colors, and partially because a lot of the parkour is floating.
I think this is a really nice idea, but try to make it on a larger scale, and maybe standing up so you can attach the parkour to it.
I have now fixed the starting newspaper, I made the newspaper stand upright, giving it some more flatness. I made the newspaper 21 by 14 larger. I also connected the blocks to the newspaper.

Here are the front and backsides, There are now about 55 jumps. Still using the same difficulty
parkourafixed.png
parkourafixed1.png

k_rissy

Forum God
PATRON+
k_rissy
k_rissy
Patron+
Ratings
1,319 25
Hello TenkaiSean,

I regret to inform you that your map is being rejected.
The theme is original as we don't really have any maps relating to newpapers or the news, so good job on that!
The build is the main concern. It looks too much like
pixel art. While I do understand that newspapers are meant to be flat, it's unfortunately an issue with pixel art. Also, the newspaper is small, so it looks a bit cramped and messy.
The parkour is
pretty good; there is some variety in the jumps, so good job on that! It also is perfectly suited for the medium difficulty, so good job on that! There's a few floating jumps, but that isn't too big of an issue.

Thank you for submitting your map, I would love to see more submissions from you!
Have a nice day,

Kristina

Status
Not open for further replies.