Question of the Day #17

PizzaEaston

ELITE
PizzaEaston
PizzaEaston
ELITE
Ratings
Sometimes I think alone time because I usually run away from my problems. But I know inside if I hang around with friends and people I love, i'm willing to talk about my problems and not let them bother me anymore. :)

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Sometimes I think alone time because I usually run away from my problems. But I know inside if I hang around with friends and people I love, i'm willing to talk about my problems and not let them bother me anymore. :)
Interesting! I'm glad you're able to confront your problems head on :D I used to have a lot of trouble with pushing away from people as well xP

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Probably alone because I just work better by myself and I get anxious around people. If I was hanging out with people it would probably have to be only one or two people

Azy

Dedicated Member
PATRON
Astruss
Astruss
Patron
Ratings
110 2
Tbh both, but usualy i like to be alone and i mean its always fun to be with friends but i think everyone should always spend time alone so you get use to being alone and not with friends all the time but yeh my answer is alone for sure (i keep missing these bc im too slow) +(spelling is always bad but its 4am so im tired so yeh )

lybby

Dedicated Member
ELITE
lybby
lybby
ELITE
Ratings
109 1
Honestly it depends on the day. If I'm in my feels, then definitely alone time. However, sometimes, it's just great to get to go out with the boys. (or my girl aha)

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Tbh both, but usualy i like to be alone and i mean its always fun to be with friends but i think everyone should always spend time alone so you get use to being alone and not with friends all the time but yeh my answer is alone for sure (i keep missing these bc im too slow) +(spelling is always bad but its 4am so im tired so yeh )
I think it's important to take alone time too! It's good to get used to it for it when it happens :D

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
Honestly it depends on the day. If I'm in my feels, then definitely alone time. However, sometimes, it's just great to get to go out with the boys. (or my girl aha)
So personally you wouldnt talk it out with ya girl or ya boys? You'd rather attack those feels alone?

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I'm an introverted extrovert. A lot of the time I prefer being by myself solely because I don't want to burden others when I drift into my own head space and prefer to do my own thing. I don't like making others feel ignored! On the other hand when I'm isolated for too long, I start to feel really down and have trouble getting out of that unless I work up the mental strength to reach out or someone else does it first.

There's actually something in sociology (what I research and study in college) that kinda goes along with this that I feel like sharing because I'm extra and love talking about what I do, so feel free to read in the spoiler below! Otherwise, have a good evening/day :)

Trigger Warning for mentions of suicide.
In sociology, there is a theory from the work of french sociologist Emil Durkheim that goes hand in hand with this topic of isolation versus being with friends. There are four types of suicide that Durkheim details as social factors that can lead to a person wanting to take their own life, but the principles behind them are as follows:

Egoistic suicide: Where one is left in social isolation for so long that they feel so out of place, and lack a sense of groundedness and belonging. (The social factor of being alone for too long)
Altruistic suicide: When one is too close to those within their social group that they lose their sense of self. (The social factor of not being able to individualize your own thoughts and actions outside of a greater cause)
Anomic suicide: When one's social equilibrium (stability) is greatly disrupted that it causes great stress to the individual. A common example used for this is winning the lottery or losing all your money in gambling in one night.
Fatalistic suicide: When one experiences too little control over their own destiny, specifically in the case where society overregulates a person so much that they feel they are unable to express themselves.

Durkheim believed these factors were the greatest in the forms of a person choosing to claim their own life. While of course other factors exist, I think these HUGE extremes highlight an important principle to remember. Everything in moderation! As much as it may be nice to be alone, try to find the time to hang out with those close to you as well. If you are more of an extrovert who prefers to be with others all the time, make sure you also find time for yourself too! Individuality is what makes us all beautiful and human, but we are also even stronger when we come together as individuals and work as a team!

P.S. I'm not saying if you don't do this you're going to die, these are only theories and observations of the most extreme situations. Please take care of yourself! If you ever need to talk to someone, send me a message. I'm always willing to help out someone in need.

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
I'm an introverted extrovert. A lot of the time I prefer being by myself solely because I don't want to burden others when I drift into my own head space and prefer to do my own thing. I don't like making others feel ignored! On the other hand when I'm isolated for too long, I start to feel really down and have trouble getting out of that unless I work up the mental strength to reach out or someone else does it first.

There's actually something in sociology (what I research and study in college) that kinda goes along with this that I feel like sharing because I'm extra and love talking about what I do, so feel free to read in the spoiler below! Otherwise, have a good evening/day :)

Trigger Warning for mentions of suicide.
In sociology, there is a theory from the work of french sociologist Emil Durkheim that goes hand in hand with this topic of isolation versus being with friends. There are four types of suicide that Durkheim details as social factors that can lead to a person wanting to take their own life, but the principles behind them are as follows:

Egoistic suicide: Where one is left in social isolation for so long that they feel so out of place, and lack a sense of groundedness and belonging. (The social factor of being alone for too long)
Altruistic suicide: When one is too close to those within their social group that they lose their sense of self. (The social factor of not being able to individualize your own thoughts and actions outside of a greater cause)
Anomic suicide: When one's social equilibrium (stability) is greatly disrupted that it causes great stress to the individual. A common example used for this is winning the lottery or losing all your money in gambling in one night.
Fatalistic suicide: When one experiences too little control over their own destiny, specifically in the case where society overregulates a person so much that they feel they are unable to express themselves.

Durkheim believed these factors were the greatest in the forms of a person choosing to claim their own life. While of course other factors exist, I think these HUGE extremes highlight an important principle to remember. Everything in moderation! As much as it may be nice to be alone, try to find the time to hang out with those close to you as well. If you are more of an extrovert who prefers to be with others all the time, make sure you also find time for yourself too! Individuality is what makes us all beautiful and human, but we are also even stronger when we come together as individuals and work as a team!

P.S. I'm not saying if you don't do this you're going to die, these are only theories and observations of the most extreme situations. Please take care of yourself! If you ever need to talk to someone, send me a message. I'm always willing to help out someone in need.
Super interesting theory! It's kinda scary how close the question lingers to such a tragic thing. Did not expect this answer and I'm very pleased! Thanks for telling me an interesting perspective from yourself as well :)

Cos

Dedicated Member
ELITE
Disillusioning
Disillusioning
ELITE
Ratings
212 5
Any reason in specific that you enjoy alone time?
No reason in specific. I think its just what I'm used to. I've always worked better alone because I have a very specific way I like to run my life, if that makes sense ? xD

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
Hanging out with people. When I'm alone I have lower standards for myself and I often get distracted or don't do anything at all. Most of my good work comes from bouncing stuff off others, and playing off their vibe. Plus, people are awesome : )

PizzaMorris

Forum Expert
ELITE
PizzaMorris
PizzaMorris
ELITE
Ratings
No reason in specific. I think its just what I'm used to. I've always worked better alone because I have a very specific way I like to run my life, if that makes sense ? xD
Hell yea! I like that! Taking charge of your life is more difficult than people think 0_0