Rejected +Rudolph's Summit+ (Easy Map)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am a complete rookie when it comes to making parkour maps, and I'm actually proud of this considering it's my first! The theme is Christmas (obivously)! I had so much fun building the reindeer and making the jumps. I had a few people test the map for me and they've said it's a perfect easy map.

• Username: Quietfully
  • Map name: Rudolph's Summit
  • The # of your Plot / or warp name to it: I think the # means ID..? It's -81;-16
  • Difficulty: Easy!
  • Number of jumps: Around 30-40

Capture.PNG

MrBugs

Forum Expert
PATRON
MrBugs
MrBugs
ELITE
Ratings
225 10
+0.5 Ok, this map is decent. I really enjoy the Rudolph head but the end could probably just be cut, or you should add more to the build (maybe the rest of Rudolph) but the ending parkour is SUPER floaty and it's kind of unenjoyable. The parkour is very unvaried, use more types of blocks like brewing stands, pistons, enchanting tables, stairs, beds, etc. The parkour difficulty fits the Easy difficulty but the jump count is kind of a lot for an Easy map.

I hope to see more from you in the future
Good Luck
xoxo
Cam

+0.5 Ok, this map is decent. I really enjoy the Rudolph head but the end could probably just be cut, or you should add more to the build (maybe the rest of Rudolph) but the ending parkour is SUPER floaty and it's kind of unenjoyable. The parkour is very unvaried, use more types of blocks like brewing stands, pistons, enchanting tables, stairs, beds, etc. The parkour difficulty fits the Easy difficulty but the jump count is kind of a lot for an Easy map.

I hope to see more from you in the future
Good Luck
xoxo
Cam
Thank you for the feedback! I will fix it when I can! <3

It's a good one to be your first but I don't think it will be accepted due to everything being spread out and floating.
My tip to you is to look at the newest maps and take inspiration.
Good luck!
Thank you and that's understandable! I will try my best the next time! <3

sapqhire

Forum Master
ELITE
sapqhire
sapqhire
ELITE
Ratings
365 9
Hello Quietfully,

Unfortunately, I will be Rejecting your map.
The theme is original, and the build is good. The floating islands aren't great, it does make the map look a bit too stretched out and messy. (The floating islands theme is also very overdone, but that isn't the main focus of this map) However, the Rudolph head is nicely detailed, and well built.
The parkour os quite repetitive. I would recommend experimenting with a larger variety of blocks and items when creating jumps, as you mainly used normal blocks for jumps, with a couple of vines/fences. Having a larger variety of original jumps will make your map overall more enjoyable to complete.
You had a lot of floating jumps, try to avoid having floating jumps where possible. Having jumps floating over the void and around the build can make the map look quite messy. The main sections where this happened was between the small islands/builds.
The difficulty is good for an easy map, however the length might be a little bit long. Please read over this thread https://manacube.com/threads/must-read-map-submission-information-format.649/ to make sure your map fits within the requirements.

Thanks for submitting your map! I hope to see more maps from you in the future.

Status
Not open for further replies.