Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
Hello :) I would unfortunately have to give this map a -1.
The build is a pixel art Superman symbol, which is accurate to how the symbol looks, which is good. However pixel art (in 2D or 3D forms) are no longer accepted as main builds. Because of this build's shape, it leads into my next point:
The parkour is very flat, with a large overuse of ladders. This is mostly because of the shape of the build. The parkour is also very unbalanced, with some parts of the map being very easy, and other jumps that I have seen only on insane maps. The parkour is also not mixed very well (sections of a certain kind of jump repeated over and over) for example, you have two headhitter sections. Don't get me wrong, I personally love headhitter jumps, but they get very repetitive and frustrating if you don't have a lot of practice with them.
I do like the use of your directional signs. The parkour was very easy to follow!

Please note that I am just a Mapper and community member. I like to give feedback on submissions to help improve people's mapmaking skills in the community :) good luck with your submission!

Prodigae

Ratings
8 17
Hello :) I would unfortunately have to give this map a -1.
The build is a pixel art Superman symbol, which is accurate to how the symbol looks, which is good. However pixel art (in 2D or 3D forms) are no longer accepted as main builds. Because of this build's shape, it leads into my next point:
The parkour is very flat, with a large overuse of ladders. This is mostly because of the shape of the build. The parkour is also very unbalanced, with some parts of the map being very easy, and other jumps that I have seen only on insane maps. The parkour is also not mixed very well (sections of a certain kind of jump repeated over and over) for example, you have two headhitter sections. Don't get me wrong, I personally love headhitter jumps, but they get very repetitive and frustrating if you don't have a lot of practice with them.
I do like the use of your directional signs. The parkour was very easy to follow!

Please note that I am just a Mapper and community member. I like to give feedback on submissions to help improve people's mapmaking skills in the community :) good luck with your submission!
I thought the map was overall too easy, what jumps were insane difficulty? just wondering

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
in particular, any time there is use of http://prntscr.com/s45pzo aka ladder neos, I will only very occasionally see these on hards if they are at a checkpoint, but these are mostly used on experts and insanes only. Either way, the map is unbalanced because you are right, it is very easy in most other places :)

ThePKFish

Retired Mod+
ELITE
selfassured
selfassured
ELITE
Ratings
312 15
Hello,

This course is being rejected. Pixel art courses are an automatic reject. The parkour is very repetitive. It could use more to make it fit for the standards of parkour. Overall, your map is automatically rejected because it is pixel art.
I like the fancy checkpoint signs though

Thank you for submitting this course!
If you have any questions, you may DM me on here, in game, or on discord!

-Ashley (ThePKFish, fishy1980)

Status
Not open for further replies.