Rejected Glass Bridge - Easy

Status
Not open for further replies.

piebrian5

Ratings
The theme is unoriginal with several maps centred around this theme. You should have a build that you’re parkour can be attached too so that’s not all of the jumps are just floating which makes the map look messy and unattractive. You should also have variability in your blocks, you can use things like pistons, brewing stands, flower pots. Etc. It is a good length for an easy map but is maybe a little easy? Good luck!!

Dubinzi

Dedicated Member
MVP
Dubinzi
Dubinzi
MVP
Ratings
Due to a theme being nonexistant, I don't see this map ever being added.

Here's some important points for any other maps you make in the future!
  • Make your jumps more interesting. Try not to have 3 similar jumps (For example, glass pane jumps) in a row so that you don't make the player bored. The best blocks (in my opinion) to use are iron bars, glass panes, soul sand, ice, fences, heads, and trapdoors.
  • Avoid floating jumps. Although some of the older courses on the server have floating jumps, the standards have increased since then. This is not to say you should never use floating jumps, just that you should avoid them as much as possible.
  • Avoid using barriers to block people off from reaching areas (Barrier parkour is OK if done correctly). (This was not an issue with your map)
Good luck!

IPattyI

Forum Legend
PATRON
IPattyI
IPattyI
Patron
Ratings
501 11
Hey American_Jobs,

I'm sorry to have to tell you that your map has been REJECTED. The theme is not very original, as there are multiple glass-themed maps already added. Furthermore, the theme isn't really conveyed greatly by the build. The build is unattractive, incredibly simplistic, and just entirely floating parkour jumps with no real build/structure/main focus. You didn't state what difficulty the map was but it seemed like a medium at best. The PK lacked any sort of variation, it was incredibly linear and boring due to you using the same type of blocks and jumps throughout the entire map. I 100% know you can do better. I hope to see more map submissions from you in the future!

Status
Not open for further replies.