jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
Have ya’ll ever voice called with anyone on Mana? The only person I have ever voice called with was @Proteges (ThePro)
And it was with my neighbor, who decided to be an idiot and hack and I needed to help him explain himself because I guess he thinks I have connections to staff and could get him unbanned LMAO

Charburger

Dedicated Member
Ratings
No. I feel uncomfortable talking with strangers over the internet

jasper_

Forum God
MVP
jaspernotcasper_
jaspernotcasper_
MVP
Ratings
1,232 233
No. I feel uncomfortable talking with strangers over the internet
Its pretty safe and secure, except I don’t usually do it with strangers.

Tas

ELITE
ManaLabs
ManaLabs
ELITE
Ratings
1,315 43
I've been in calls on several occasions, but I'm definitely not active in the discord in that way. It's often hard for me to participate in calls, not only due to time zones but also because I have a large family and a small house. I was in calls a lot more when I was staff.

Quinny

Forum Master
PATRON+
Quinnyp
Quinnyp
Patron+
Ratings
877 13
I keep to myself a lot on Discord in that way. Even when I do join calls (especially larger ones) I get really overwhelmed and anxious because I feel like in Minecraft or other random calls there’s a point you can’t really hear anyone and things just get messy, haha.
That being said I grew up being in calls most nights. Being an MMO player the “calling culture” was really different on platforms like RaidCall and Ventrilo, Teamspeak, etc. before a lot of communities moved to Discord. Everyone could be in a larger call but it could be extremely quiet because everyone is just “hanging out” and doing their own things, minus maybe 2-3 people trying to PvP or something like that. Joining calls was very purposeful and people were always very respectful of the space. If people were trying to run something, that was always respected and everyone would be quiet or get yelled at.
Kind long post but I thought it might be interesting for some people (who may not know me as well) to understand why I’m not so much the random calling type :)

ashalee

Forum Expert
ELITE
ashalee
ashalee
ELITE
Ratings
395 5
I'm not big on joining calls in the community Discord because I'm a SUPER awkward person and can never start conversations. Therefore I only join community calls if someone needs my help and cannot explain over text or if it is for an event like Karaoke. To be honest, Discord calls can be scary! You'll likely only see me in calls with a few set of people (around 3-7 people), as big calls can easily be overwhelming. But other than the community Discord, I am in calls nearly every night with people I met from ManaCube that I have grown closer to over this past year and a half! Whether its through calls on ManaCube clan-related servers to non ManaCube-related servers, you'll see me in a call every night (especially due to covid). Something I love about it is that every person I call with is someone I met from ManaCube and I feel so grateful that I made online friends through the server :D

Elly_x

Forum God
ELITE
Elly_x
Elly_x
ELITE
Ratings
557 20
I used to hate being in voice calls because I become anxious to try to find things to talk about, but now I love being in them. I still don't have the confidence to be in calls that are one on one or like just 3 people in the call but usually when a call is largish I love it!! I used to be in calls 24/7 but now I usually just get into them when there is an active larger one. Talking to people and getting to know others is one of my favorite things to do especially during corona and being isolated from everyone!

ShiftyWifty

VIP+
ShiftyWhifty
ShiftyWhifty
VIP+
Ratings
21 1
Back with Mana still had a build team, I did sit in a few calls with members from it. But other than that no. I don't really have any close friends here that I would actually want to catch up daily/weekly with.

gabby(turt)

Forum Master
ELITE
gabbyyxo
gabbyyxo
ELITE
Ratings
169 7
I like vcs only if it's my close friends. I've been in a lot of vcs, but i usually just say hi for a voice reveal or don't even talk at all lol. i only talk to 2 people from manacube in vcs.

ampsterdam

Dedicated Member
ELITE
ampsterdam
ampsterdam
ELITE
Ratings
I join some vcs kinda regularly if we are playing a map, building one or just playing some other game. sometimes i just mute myself and just listen to the conversations lol. I dont talk that much in calls but its still fun to just chill in them.

SSM_GOD

Forum Legend
Ratings
1,890 47
I'm socially awkward, especially with people I dont know. VC is super weird for me, usually I can manage to say hi and that's about it. Then I mute myself and listen.
Its weird cause like, when type chatting, my brain flows freely and I can just be me, but I freeze up when in a VC.
The only real exception for this is when doing something important. For my college classes we often have to do zoom break out rooms and it's easy for me to talk. But when it's like, small talk, I just cant do it.

AriesNinja

Forum Master
VIP
AriesNinja
AriesNinja
VIP
Ratings
185 223
I'm socially awkward, especially with people I dont know. VC is super weird for me, usually I can manage to say hi and that's about it. Then I mute myself and listen.
Its weird cause like, when type chatting, my brain flows freely and I can just be me, but I freeze up when in a VC.
The only real exception for this is when doing something important. For my college classes we often have to do zoom break out rooms and it's easy for me to talk. But when it's like, small talk, I just cant do it.
same bro.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I like vcs only if it's my close friends. I've been in a lot of vcs, but i usually just say hi for a voice reveal or don't even talk at all lol. i only talk to 2 people from manacube in vcs.
Hi Turt

Bleach

Dedicated Member
ELITE
_Bleach
_Bleach
ELITE
Ratings
I occasionally would join voice calls with fellow Manacube members. However, due to the fact of being a squeaker, I am usually turned away and have since slowed down on joining as many calls in recent months.

Sonic_Raptor

Forum God
ELITE
Sonic_Raptor
Sonic_Raptor
ELITE
Ratings
1,787 69
I occasionally would join voice calls with fellow Manacube members. However, due to the fact of being a squeaker, I am usually turned away and have since slowed down on joining as many calls in recent months.
We don't enjoy people who Stan Young Thug in voice calls. We prefer good music.

Dutchy1372

Forum Legend
PATRON+
Dutchy1372
Dutchy1372
Patron+
Ratings
845 14
I usually am not that akward in calls. I used to be super insecure about my voice and accent. My voice has gotten alot deeper the past years and my accent isn’t that terrible anymore. I have like 3/4 people I feel comfortable vcing with. From time to time I join random vcs (Like @SSM_GOD) and then we just hit some duo survival games etc.